In this review, we will look at the Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor to help you decide if it will suit your needs.
Gyms provide a great way to learn the right way to exercise, and the available machines and tools can enhance your performance. Some machines are so well-loved that people wish they could have one for their home.
It used to be difficult to find top-notch gym equipment available for retail sale. Nowadays, however, many fitness aids provide workouts on par with what you would get in a professional exercise studio. The Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor by Body Power is one such item. Though basic, with its handy features, user-friendly programming options, and smooth performance, this model will enable you to reach your maximum workout potential.
In this Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer review, you will learn the details of why this machine is worth buying. I will include its specs, an overview, pros, cons, and more to help you in your decision-making process.
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor Specs
The Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor measures 51” (L) x 30” (W) x 69” (H)
Stride – 13″
Pedal height from floor – 8″ at its lowest point; 15″ at its highest
Weight – It weighs 107.36 lbs
User weight – Its recommended maximum user weight is 250 pounds
User height – This model is suitable for people between 5′ and 6′ tall
Color – It has a dark gray powder-coated finish
Batteries – 2 x AA batteries are included for the monitor
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor Overview
With a Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor in your home, you will be able to tone up, lose weight, and improve your strength and stamina without having to spend a fortune.
The machine is extremely solid and robust, and its corrosion-resistant finish will keep it looking in as new condition indefinitely.
Easy access to the tension control will enable you to start with a warm-up, then build your pace which you can alternate throughout your workout if desired. You can then finish off with a cool-down routine that will slowly ease your arms and legs to a stop.
The Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer is quite compact for a device of its type. You will need a free space of approximately 2′ in front of, behind, and to the sides to use it safely and without restriction. You will also need to locate it in a room with a ceiling that is 20″ or more taller than your height.
Designed with the user’s convenience in mind, an easy-to-read LCD console displays useful workout stats. These include time, speed, distance, and the number of calories burned. The monitor can be set to display just one statistic or to rotate, showing each for a few seconds.
A conveniently located tension knob enables you to decrease or increase the resistance throughout your workouts. Operating on friction, the system should suit everyone from newbies to experienced exercisers.
A momentum-enhanced steel flywheel and belt-drive system ensure smooth, quiet workouts. So quiet, in fact, that you will be able to exercise without fear of disturbing others in your household. The flywheel is bi-directional, so as well as pedaling forward, you will be able to pedal backward without a drop in resistance.
The stationary handlebar of the Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer adjusts in every direction – up, down, backward, and forward – offering numerous upright and horizontal positions. Adjustments are easily made by turning two knobs.
The machine’s ergonomic foam-covered moving arms are quite long, making them easy to grip whether you are short or tall. If you don’t wish to exercise your arms during workouts, you can hold onto the stationary handlebar.
Durable PVC coated slip-resistant steel pedals are large enough to accommodate feet of any size.
Most people will find assembling the machine to be an easy process. Follow the step-by-step directions, and you can be exercising in around an hour. The flywheel, belt, resistance pad, and crankset come pre-assembled. All that’s left for you to do it to attach the base bars, the pedals, the moving arms, the handlebar, and the computer console.
While the machine is quite heavy, transport wheels located on the front will enable you to move it if need be.
This model comes with a 1-year warranty.
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer Infomercial
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor Pros
Below, are some of the main pros of the Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor.
- Its steel frame is robust and durable
- A solid steel flywheel provides smooth, quiet rides with consistent momentum
- A direct-drive system provides near silent sessions, making this model ideal for apartment dwellers or those who share their house with others
- A console displays your workout stats in large digits, so you won’t have to stop to monitor your progress
- The console automatically switches off after a few minutes of inactivity
- Dual-direction pedaling allows you to target more muscle groups
- A 4-way adjustable handlebar will enable you to customize it to your preferred position
- The handlebars have a foam covering, and ergonomic grips for comfort and joint and muscle protection
- Large durable pedals accommodate any style of athletic shoe
- The tension and speed are adjusted by turning a knob, with no interruption to your workout required
- Adjustable rubber stabilizers protect floors from scuff marks and enable the machine to be leveled on uneven floors
- Transport wheels make it easier to move the machine
- The device does not require a power source to operate
- Coming partially pre-assembled, completing the set up is reasonably quick and straightforward
- This model comes with a manufacturer’s warranty to protect your purchase
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor Cons
Next, we will look at some reasons why this model may not be the best choice for you.
- The Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor does not fold for storage
- Its stride is on the short side, making it restrictive for very tall people
- With a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds, the Body Power Elliptical won’t be for everyone
- Because there is no option to key in your weight and height, the calorie reading is based on an average so it won’t be totally accurate
- The LCD doesn’t have a backlight which could make it hard to read in a dimly lit room
- Lacks accessories such as a magazine rack and a water bottle holder
- If you want to track your pulse rate during workouts, you will need to buy a heart rate monitor
Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor Summary
The Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor by Body Power would be a great buy for any at-home gym. While it may not be as advanced or of the same standard as the professional elliptical trainers you’ll find at the gym, it is solid and durable, and smooth and quiet to use. It also has everything you will need to get an excellent workout. This includes an adjustable handlebar, oversized foot pedals, and a digital monitor that displays handy stats to help you track your fitness journey.
The machine isn’t difficult to assemble, and it comes with a warranty that you can use if your product is less than perfect. Made by a reliable brand and featuring ergonomic parts and advanced mechanics, the Body Power Elliptical Cross Trainer with Monitor is an all-around good buy.
Not what you’re looking for? Click this link to read reviews of other popular elliptical trainers.