If you’re shopping for home exercise equipment that will give you an effective total body workout, take a look at the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym.
One of the best-rated home gyms available, it is also one of the most affordable, and it will provide you with everything you need to get into shape and stay in shape.
Along with over 30 strength exercise options for targeting the legs, butt, abs, arms, shoulders, chest and back, the Bowflex PR1000 also delivers an excellent cardio workout.
Whether you want to work with as little as 5 pounds of resistance or as much as 210 pounds, the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym can accommodate you. Providing a full range of motion, you will get maximum benefit from the exercises you do, and you will be able to work out without the need for a spotter.
The latter is due to the machine’s design, which allows for letting go of the weight if you have to, without risking it dropping onto you. This significantly reduces the likelihood of an injury occurring. It also makes for more comfortable workouts.
Best suited for people who want to get toned rather than buff, if the former is your aim, keep reading this Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym review to find out if it will be right for you.
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Specs
Dimensions – The Bowflex PR1000 measures 81″ x 84″ x 38″
Space requirement – During use, the gym requires a minimum space of 100″ x 78″
Weight – It weighs approximately 148lbs
User weight – The upper user weight limit for this model is 300 pounds
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Overview
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is one of the most versatile pieces of exercise equipment for home use. Solid and heavy-duty, it comes with several detachable parts, including a horizontal bench press that can be rotated to use as a decline or incline bench.
Three different types of hand grip sets allow you to do a variety of exercises, including Lat Pull Downs to target the back. Four roller cushions will enable you to perform exercises such as Leg Extensions and Leg Curls.
There’s also a rowing machine rail, for getting in some cardio. When it’s not in use, the rail can be folded out of the way to free up space.
Utilizing Bowflex’s patented power rods, these provide adjustable weight similar to that of dumbbells, while substantially reducing the risk of joint strain or pain. The more power rods you hook up to the pulley system, the greater the resistance will be. Made of high-tech composite material, the rod’s quality and durability are exceptional. Strong and flexible, they won’t wear out, even with regular, heavy use.
Assembling your Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym will take an hour or two. The process isn’t complicated, but you will need some tools. These include two different sized wrenches in the vicinity of 3/4″ and a Philips head screwdriver.
Bowflex PR1000 Infomercial
Bowflex PR1000 Key Features
- Variety of exercises
Capable of 30 plus exercises, the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym comes with everything you will need to get into shape.
- Sliding seat rail
A sliding seat rail enables aerobic rowing sessions that burn a lot of calories. The rail can also be used to do Warm-Ups and Cool-Downs before and after cardio, and to do Seated Leg Extensions and Leg Presses.
- Handgrip/ankle cuffs
Able to be used as either a hand grip or ankle cuff to increase the toning benefits of your workouts.
- Workout placard
A reference guide lists the Bowflex PR1000 workouts, enabling you to see them at a glance, helping you to stay on track.
- Good warranty
The Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym comes with a 1-year warranty on its frame, 5 years on the power rods and 60 days on parts.
What Exercises Can be Performed on the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym?
Following is a list of Bowflex PR1000 exercises, along with the main muscle groups they target.
- Bench Press – Pecs, shoulders, and triceps
- Decline Bench Press – Lower chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Incline Bench Press – Upper chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Seated Shoulder Press – Front and middle shoulders, upper trapezius, and triceps.
- Front Shoulder Raises – Front shoulders and front/ middle shoulders
- Crossover Seated Rear Delt Rows – Rear and middle shoulders, posterior rotator cuff, upper back, trapezius, and rhomboids.
- Scapular Retraction – Middle trapezius and rhomboids
- Narrow Pull-Downs – Lower back, outer shoulder blades, rear shoulders, and biceps
- Stiff-Arm Pull-Downs – Lower back, outer shoulder blades, rear deltoids, and biceps
- Seated Lat Rows – Back, rear shoulders, and biceps
- Reverse Grip Pull-Downs – Lower trapezius
- Seated Low Back Extensions – Lower trapezius
- Triceps Pushdowns – Triceps
- Lying Triceps Extensions – Triceps
- Standing Biceps Curls – Biceps
- Standing Wrist Curls – Biceps and forearms
- Seated (Resisted) Abdominal Crunches – Abs and obliques
- Trunk Rotations – Abs, obliques, and sides of the chest
- Leg Extensions – Quads
- Calf Raises – Backs of calves
- Seated Hip Adductions – Inner thighs and buttocks
- Seated Hip Abductions – Buttocks
- Standing Leg Kick-Backs – Buttocks
- Leg Presses – Buttocks
Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym Summary
Ideal for burning body fat and increasing lean muscle mass, with a Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym you will be able to do gym quality workouts in the comfort of your home, whenever you feel like it.
Very reasonably priced given its quality and versatility, it won’t take long for your Bowflex PR1000 to pay for itself, with the money you will save on gym fees.
Three 20-minute workouts a week are all you will need to do to start seeing results. From there you can build up to longer sessions if desired. Missing a day between workouts is recommended, to allow your muscles to recover and grow.
Not the right home gym for you? Click here to read reviews of alternatives