The Sportsroyals Stair Stepper for Exercise (updated 2021 model) is a compact and robust fitness aid that offers cardiovascular and lower body muscle toning benefits.
Its twisting action helps burn calories and fat as it provides cardio benefits and strengthens and tones the thighs, buttocks, calves, abs, and obliques.
Two attachable resistance bands are included to enable you to exercise your upper body simultaneously.
The manufacturers, Sportsroyals, have been designing and creating fitness equipment for over two decades. During this time, they have gained a reputation for offering value, functionality, and quality.
As with all of the company’s products, this one’s operating system was rigorously tested for durability and safety during the production phase.
An incredibly generous use weight capacity and an LCD screen for tracking your workout metrics add further to the appeal of this budget-friendly portable mini stepper that is small enough to store in a closet or beneath most beds.
It can even be used while standing at a desk while seated, but the resistance won’t be as great using it seated, and you won’t burn as many calories.
This review will cover everything you may want to know about the Sportsroyals Stair Stepper to help you decide if it will be right for you.
Whom will it suit?
The stepper will suit people of any fitness level, though very fit individuals may not find the resistance enough of a challenge.
It’s higher than average user weight capacity, and extra-wide foot pedals will suit larger-built people.
Sportsroyals Stair Stepper Specs
Dimensions – The Sportsroyals Stair Stepper measures 18.5″ (W) x 17.32 (D) x 15.75″ (H)
Space requirement – To use the machine, you will need a free space of 0.23 sq meters, plus room to access the pedals
Footplates – The footplates measure 13.78″ (L) x 5.72″ (W)
Weight – The unit weighs approximately 25 lbs
User weight – The user weight limit for the stepper is 330 pounds
Color – It comes in gray with black highlights and orange
Batteries – 1 x AAA battery is required for the monitor
Sportsroyals Stair Stepper Overview
The main component of the stepper is 2mm thick steel with a scratch, chip, and corrosion-resistant painted finish.
Unlike some home-use mini steppers that operate through a cable pulley, the Sportsroyals Stair Stepper for Exercise features a European hydraulic drive system that provides smooth, quiet workouts.
Smoothness, Stability, and Noise Level –
The stepping motion is smooth and fluid, with a natural feel that doesn’t jar the joints.
The stepper is weightier than many other mini steppers. On its own, this makes it very steady to use. The stepper’s wide back base and V-shaped front base further increase its strength and stability.
Non-marking skid-proof rubber floor protectors prevent rocking and tipping, no matter how hard or fast your movements.
The stepper’s hydraulic drive and shock absorbers ensure quiet workouts. You will be able to watch TV without turning up the volume, and you won’t have to be concerned that you will disturb your housemates.
The LED display console shows workout statistics, making monitoring your progress and setting fitness goals easy.
The screen is twice the size of those on most other mini steppers and backlit, so reading it is a breeze.
The metrics shown include Workout Time, Step Count, Total Count, Distance (in MPH), and Calories Burned. The Scan function enables you to cycle through the metrics automatically. To delete your stats, press the Reset button.
The monitor shuts off automatically after a few minutes of inactivity, enabling the batteries to last longer.
The Sportsroyals Stair Stepper has comfortable, extra-wide, oversized footplates that will fit shoes of any size. They feature an internal shock absorption system for gentler workouts. Their textured silicone anti-slip finish provides excellent grip, so your sessions will be safe.
The pedals twist during use, making for more challenging workouts offering superior cardio benefits. This feature also enables you to target more muscles than when using a traditional mini stepper.
The footplate’s 38-degree movement range is gentle on the ankles and knees.
Medium-strength resistance bands with handles are included to enable you to work your biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, and back as you step. The bands hook onto the outsides of the pedals.
Using them is optional.
Assembly requirements are minimal. Take the stepper out of its box, remove the protective plastic bag it comes in, attach the monitor, and it will be ready to use.
To exercise your upper body simultaneously, clip on the fitness bands.
This model comes with a 30-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee, lifetime customer service, and a 1-year warranty.
Sportsroyals Stair Stepper Video Overview
Sportsroyals Stair Stepper Pros
- The Sportsroyals Stair Stepper for Exercise is excellent value for money
- The stepper’s small footprint makes it suitable to pack in your cars’ trunk to take to a park or a friend’s place to exercise or on vacation, so you won’t need to skip workouts while you are away
- It offers low-impact workouts that are gentle on the knees and ankles
- The stepper provides aerobic, muscle toning, strengthening, calorie-burning exercise
- Its twisting motion targets the obliques and abs to a greater extent than a traditional mini stepper
- The fitness bands offer an upper-body workout, so you won’t need to spend time doing a separate workout
- Regular mini stepper workouts can improve balance and increase bone density
- It is comfortable to use
- Workouts are smooth, quiet, and stable
- The stepper has a very generous load capacity
- The step range is deep enough to get results but not so deep as to feel awkward
- Fitness bands are provided so you can get a total body workout if desired
- It comes with a backlit console that shows workout metrics, thus enabling you to set fitness goals and track your progress
- The extra-large pedals provide a secure footing
- Assembling the unit takes a few minutes at the most
- The warranty and guarantee are solid
Sportsroyals Stair Stepper Cons
- While most users who left feedback are happy with the step-depth, a few who are taller stated that it is too short
- The Sportsroyals Stair Stepper for Exercise does not have adjustable tension – wearing ankle weights can increase the workout intensity
- A couple of users who posted a review stated that they find the downward pedal motion challenging
- Some buyers question the accuracy of the console readings
Sportsroyals Stair Stepper Summary
The Sportsroyals Stair Stepper will enable you to experience mini stepper machine benefits without having to spend a lot of money.
Along with providing cardio and lower body muscle toning and strengthening, there’s the option of using the included fitness bands to work your upper body, giving you a total-body workout.
The stepper is incredibly robust, and it can support 330 pounds, which is more than many similar fitness aids or any price.
It offers comfortable workouts, is very quiet, it doesn’t take up much room, and you can store it out of the way in a corner, closet, or beneath a bed.
Set-up takes minutes at most, and it comes with a great warranty.
While it best suits new and intermediate-level users, it is helpful for anyone wanting to get in some extra steps without leaving home.
To read reviews of other popular steppers, click this link.