If you’ve been thinking about getting into yoga, but have been unsure of the best way to start, take a look at the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit.
Created with the novice yogi in mind, the kit comes with everything anyone who is new to yoga will need to get the best from it. Included is a yoga mat, a yoga brick (color choice of blue or cocoa available), a 6-foot yoga strap and a 60-minute exercise DVD.
Considered by many to be the best yoga for beginners DVD kit of all, the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit will have you up to speed faster than you can say, “peace, love and mung beans.”
Apart from the kit, the only other things you will need to get started are comfortable clothes to work out in, and the desire to improve your body, mind, and spirit.
Read on for more information on the kit’s inclusions and to find out if it’s for you.
Gaiam Yoga for Beginners DVD Kit
Approximately 60 minutes long, the Gaiam Yoga for Beginners DVD is split into four parts, as follows:
- Prop Intro – Prop Intro is an 8-minute lesson on the benefits of using yoga props. Yoga newbies who don’t know how to use the yoga brick and yoga strap that are part of the kit will find this segment to be very helpful. Learning how to use the props correctly early on will significantly advance your yoga journey. One run through should be all you need. You will then be ready to start doing yoga.
- AM Yoga – The main part of the DVD consists of 2 x 20-minute yoga workouts. The aim of the first workout, AM Yoga, is to center your mind and body. To get the most benefit, do this workout in the morning.
- Daily Yoga – Daily Yoga is a gentle workout that boosts circulation and increases mobility and energy levels. Concluding with 3 minutes of conscious relaxation, do this workout anytime you would like to feel more energized.
- Seated Meditation Preparation – Seated Meditation Preparation is a 10-minute session which will teach you how to prepare your body and mind for meditation. Including simple stretches, it makes for a relaxing end to an energetic yoga session.
Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit Morning Workout
Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit Accessories
To enhance your yoga experience, the Gaiam Yoga for Beginners DVD Kit includes the following accessories:
• Mat – The I Ching alignment yoga mat that comes with the Gaiam Yoga for Beginners DVD Kit is imprinted with graphics that show exactly where your hands and feet should be positioned on the mat during various poses. This feature is a great help for yoga novices.
• Brick – The included yoga brick can be used to help support and position your body. Yoga bricks are particularly advantageous when doing exercises that require upper body strength and precise balance.
• Strap – A 6-foot yoga strap aids flexibility by acting as an extension of your arms or legs when you are unable to achieve a full pose.
Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit Pros
As its name suggests, the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit is a yoga DVD for beginners. If you are new to yoga, you will find it to be an excellent entry level program that will enable you to ease into yoga without overdoing it. The workouts are easy to follow along with, and the DVD’s introductory segment does an excellent job of explaining how to use the accessories that come with the kit.
- High-quality inclusions
The kit comes with all of the equipment you will need to start right away. Their quality is far higher than one would expect for the price. The mat grips well, and it is easy to roll up to transport or store. The yoga brick is solid and stable. The strap is strong and durable.
- Low cost
Another big plus is the kit’s low price. If you were to purchase each of the items in the kit separately, you would pay considerably more. This makes the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit a genuine bargain, and very affordable for most people.
Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit Cons
- Basic DVD
One area that is somewhat lacking is the instructional DVD that comes with the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit. While it is a valuable introduction to yoga, containing only two basic workouts, most people will outgrow it fairly quickly.
Considering its low price and the fact that the kit is aimed at beginners, this is not really an issue, and it certainly shouldn’t stop you from purchasing.
Final Thoughts on the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit
Whether you want to do yoga to enhance your mind/body connection, for the exercise, to improve your flexibility or all of these, the Gaiam Yoga Beginners Kit is a useful tool that will teach you how to incorporate yoga into your daily life.
Available for an excellent price, especially when the quality of the inclusions is taken into consideration, the Gaiam Yoga for Beginners DVD Kit contains everything you will need to start doing yoga.