If you want to totally transform your body for the better working out for around 3 hours a week, take a look at Jillian Michaels new DVD, which goes by the name of Jillian Michaels Killer Body.
Fast-paced and probably more suited to intermediate and advanced level exercisers than people who have never exercised before, as with all of Jillian’s workouts, an easier version of each of the exercises is demonstrated as well as an advanced version, so that you can choose the one appropriate to your fitness level.
At just over 30 minutes long each (including Warm-Ups and Cool-Downs), the three resistance/cardio based workouts are relatively short. You will do one a day, alternating them. Each targets a different muscle group, so you get a total body workout, and you won’t overwork one area. After six days you will have done each workout twice. You then get a day off.
Muscle groups targeted include the core, the buns and thighs and the shoulders, triceps, and biceps. Keep reading to find out more about Jillian Michaels Killer Body, including the programs’ format and style and the equipment requirements. We will also look at some of the exercises you will be doing, what purchasers have to say about the program and more.
- What is the format?
- Are there any Equipment Requirements?
- What is the Vibe of Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD?
- Jillian Michaels Killer Body Video Overview
- Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD Breakdown
- What Purchaser are Saying about Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD
- Final Thoughts on Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD
- Click this link to read more Jillian Michaels Killer Body reviews on Amazon
What is the format?
Jillian Michaels Killer Body workouts begin with a Warm-Up and finish with a Cool-Down. Each contains 4 circuits. Consisting of 4 moves that are done for 30 seconds, the circuits are completed twice. This is followed by 60-seconds of cardio.
Are there any Equipment Requirements?
Some of the exercises require a light and a heavier set of hand weights. No specific weight is recommended.
If you are new to exercising, 2-pound and 5-pound weights should be a good starting point. Advanced level exercisers should be comfortable using weights of between 5 and 10 or 12 pounds, or heavier.
Using a weight that is too heavy for you to control can result in injury, so if you find your form suffering, drop back to a lighter weight.
What is the Vibe of Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD?
While Jillian still dishes out tough love as only she can, she has toned things down in her last couple of DVDs, coming across as a little more understanding of people’s limitations when it comes to exercise.
Some people took offense at the language on some of her past DVDs. This won’t be an issue with Jillian Michaels new DVD, which you can safely play in front of young children.
As always, Jillian is very encouraging and inspirational, and she seems genuinely passionate about what she does. The workouts contain some moves I haven’t come across before and some combinations of moves that are different. Jillian takes the time to explain and demonstrate these well.
The primary focus of Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD is resistance training using a combination of weights and body resistance. There is enough cardio to keep your heart rate elevated throughout, increasing the potential to burn a good number of calories.
Jillian Michaels Killer Body Video Overview
Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD Breakdown
Workout #1 Rock Hard Abs:
Rock Hard Abs has a runtime of a little over 33 minutes, including the Warm-Up and Cool-Down. While not as tough as some ab workouts I’ve undertaken, I found the combination of HIIT and cardio challenging. From just one run through, I can say without a doubt that done regularly it will bring about great results.
Following are just some of the included exercises in the Rock Hard Abs segment of Jillian Michaels Killer Body, and the main muscles they target:
• Standing Side Crunches (with weights) – Abs and obliques.
• Split Crunches – Abs and obliques.
• Triangle Pose (with weights) – Abs, obliques, back, plus lower body.
• Sit-Ups into Jump Squats – Core, abs, internal and external obliques and entire leg.
• Boat Pose into Sprawls – Entire abdominal area.
• Cardio intervals: 3-Point Burpees, High Knees with Twists, Knee Thrusters and Squat Jumps with Sledge Hammers.
Workout #2 Firm Buns & Thighs:
Jillian Michaels Killer Body Firm Buns & Thighs workout is just under 37 1/2 minutes long. More challenging than the abs workout (at least for me), newbies to exercising may need to follow along with Natalie who demonstrates modified versions of the moves.
Exercises in Firm Buns & Thighs include the following:
• Surrenders – The main muscles worked while doing Surrenders are those of the lower back, the quads, and the glutes.
• Sumo Scissor Jumps – Entire upper leg including the quads, adductors, front of thighs and inner thighs.
• Curtsy Pendulum Lunges – Quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
• Standing Donkey Kicks – Glutes, thighs, and core.
• Deadlifts with heavy weights – Glutes, hamstrings, and core.
• Cardio Intervals: Cardio intervals in this workout include Squat Jumps into Jumping Lunges, Squat Jumps into Star Jumps, Donkey Kick Jumps into Rockstar Jumps and Long Jumps with Zig Zags.
Workout #3 Toned Back, Shoulders & Arms:
The Toned Back Shoulders and Arms segment of Jillian Michaels Killer Body runs for just over 33 1/2 minutes, including warm up and cool down time. Possibly the toughest of all workouts in the program, exercises in this segment include the following:
• Walkout Push-Ups – A great exercise to warm the muscles, Walkout Push-Ups target the entire upper body as well as the core and hamstrings.
• Wide Push-Ups into Crossover Push-Ups – Entire upper body, with a particular emphasis on the chest, triceps, and front of the shoulders. The abs and obliques are also targeted, though to a lesser extent.
• Wide Rows with Flys – Back, lats, chest, shoulders, pecs, and arms.
• Bridge with Flys with Headbangers – Chest, lats, forearms, biceps and entire shoulder.
• Plank Up-Downs – Shoulders, triceps, and core.
• Cardio Intervals: Jab Cross into Rockstar Jumps, Single Arm Burpees, Back Crossover Jacks and Arm Circle Kickouts.
What Purchaser are Saying about Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD
Jillian Michaels Killer Body has overwhelmingly positive feedback from purchasers. Numerous reviewers said that the workouts are tough, but definitely worth doing, with many noticing an improvement in their muscle definition a few weeks after starting.
Many reviewers have praised the format of the workouts and their variety. The cueing also received praise, as did having the option to follow along with an easier or more difficult version of the workouts.
Some criticism has been left about the quality of the DVD’s picture and sound. Admittedly, the video frames do jump from time to time, and Jillian’s voice is unintentionally louder at some times than others. This in no way reflects upon the standard of the workouts. In fact, some reviewers have acknowledged that the actual workouts are awesome, so the video quality doesn’t really bother them.
Final Thoughts on Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD
This is a great program for busy people and those who want to get into shape without having to spend an hour a day exercising.
Whether you’re a fan of her workouts or not, you will love the results Jillian Michaels new DVD can deliver. After running through the workouts, I have no hesitation in recommending Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD if you are looking for an inexpensive means of getting fitter and stronger, improving your body shape and reducing your body’s fat level.