If you want to improve your fitness and transform your body shape for the better by working out at home for around 3 hours a week, check out Jillian Michaels Killer Body.
At just over 30 minutes long each (including Warm-Ups and Cool-Downs), the program’s three resistance/cardio-based workouts are relatively short.
You will do one workout a day, alternating them. Each targets a different muscle group, so you get a total body workout, and you won’t overwork one area.
After six days, you will have done each workout twice. You then get a rest day.
Keep reading to learn more about Jillian Michaels Killer Body workout, including its format, style, and equipment requirements.
I will also include a breakdown of some of the exercises you will be doing and what buyers have to say about the course.
Table of Contents
Whom does it best suit?
The program is fast-paced and best suited to intermediate and advanced level exercisers.
However, as is typical of Jillian’s workouts, easier and more advanced versions of each exercise are demonstrated so you can choose the one appropriate to your fitness level.
This option also enables you to increase the challenge of the workouts as your fitness grows.
What muscle groups are targeted?
Muscle groups targeted include the core, the buns and thighs, and the shoulders, triceps, and biceps.
What is the format?
The primary focus of Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD is resistance training using a combination of weights and body resistance. There is enough cardio to keep your heart rate elevated and burn calories.
Jillian Michaels Killer Body workouts begin with a Warm-Up and finish with a Cool-Down. Each contains 4 circuits.
The circuits comprise 4 moves repeated for 30 seconds, with the circuits completed twice. You will then do 60 seconds of cardio.
Are there any Equipment Requirements?
Some of the exercises require two pairs of hand weights: one light and one heavier. No weight is specified.
If you are new to exercising, try 2-pound, and 5-pound weights as a starting point. Advanced level exercisers should be comfortable using weights of between 5 and 10 or 12 pounds or heavier.
Using a weight that is too heavy for you to control can result in injury, so if you find your form suffering, drop back to a lighter weight.
What is the Vibe of Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD?
While Jillian still dishes out tough love as only she can, she has toned things down in her last couple of DVDs, coming across as a little more understanding of people’s physical limitations.
Some people took offense at the language on some of her past DVDs. This won’t be an issue with the Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD, which you can safely play in front of young children. As always, Jillian is very encouraging and inspirational, and she seems genuinely passionate about what she does.
The workouts contain some moves I haven’t come across before and some different combinations of these. Jillian takes the time to explain and demonstrate these well.
Jillian Michaels Killer Body Video Overview
Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD Breakdown
Workout #1 Rock Hard Abs:
Rock Hard Abs has a runtime of a little over 33 minutes, including the Warm-Up and Cool-Down.
While not as tough as some ab workouts I’ve undertaken, I found the combination of HIIT and cardio to be quite challenging. After just one run-through, I can say without a doubt that it will bring about great results if done regularly.
Following are just some of the included exercises in the Rock Hard Abs segment of Jillian Michaels Killer Body and the primary muscles they target:
• Standing Side Crunches (with weights) – Abs and obliques.
• Split Crunches – Abs and obliques.
• Triangle Pose (with weights) – Abs, obliques, back, plus lower body.
• Sit-Ups into Jump Squats – Core, abs, internal and external obliques, and entire leg.
• Boat Pose into Sprawls – Entire abdominal area.
• Cardio intervals: 3-Point Burpees, High Knees with Twists, Knee Thrusters, and Squat Jumps with Sledge Hammers.
Workout #2 Firm Buns & Thighs:
Jillian Michaels Killer Body Firm Buns & Thighs workout is just under 37 1/2 minutes long.
More challenging than the abs workout (at least for me), newbies to exercising may need to follow along with Natalie, who demonstrates modified versions of the moves.
Exercises in Firm Buns & Thighs include the following:
• Surrenders – The main muscles groups worked while doing Surrenders are the lower back, the quads, and the glutes.
• Sumo Scissor Jumps – Entire upper leg, including the quads, adductors, front of thighs, and inner thighs.
• Curtsy Pendulum Lunges – Quads, glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
• Standing Donkey Kicks – Glutes, thighs, and core.
• Deadlifts with heavy weights – Glutes, hamstrings, and core.
• Cardio Intervals: Cardio intervals in this workout include Squat Jumps into Jumping Lunges, Squat Jumps into Star Jumps, Donkey Kick Jumps into Rockstar Jumps and Long Jumps with Zig Zags.
Workout #3 Toned Back, Shoulders & Arms:
The Toned Back Shoulders and Arms segment of Jillian Michaels Killer Body runs for just over 33 1/2 minutes, including warm-up and cool-down time.
Possibly the toughest of all the segments in the program, exercises in this segment include the following:
• Walkout Push-Ups – A great exercise to warm the muscles, Walkout Push-Ups target the entire upper body, the core, and the hamstrings.
• Wide Push-Ups into Crossover Push-Ups – Entire upper body, with a particular emphasis on the chest, triceps, and front of the shoulders. The abs and obliques are also targeted, though to a lesser extent.
• Wide Rows with Flys – Back, lats, chest, shoulders, pecs, and arms.
• Bridge with Flys with Headbangers – Chest, lats, forearms, biceps, and entire shoulder.
• Plank Up-Downs – Shoulders, triceps, and core.
• Cardio Intervals: Jab Cross into Rockstar Jumps, Single Arm Burpees, Back Crossover Jacks, and Arm Circle Kickouts.
What Buyers are Saying about Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD
Jillian Michaels Killer Body has overwhelmingly positive feedback from purchasers.
Numerous reviewers said that the workouts are tough but definitely worth doing, with many noticing an improvement in their muscle definition a few weeks after starting.
Many reviewers have praised the format of the workouts and their variety. The cueing also received praise, as did having access to easier and more difficult versions of the workouts.
The DVD’s picture and sound quality received some criticism.
Admittedly, the video frames do jump from time to time, and Jillian’s voice is unintentionally louder at some times than others. However, this in no way reflects upon the standard of the workouts.
In fact, some reviewers have acknowledged that the actual workouts are awesome, so the video quality doesn’t really bother them.
Final Thoughts on Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD
This is an excellent program for busy people and those who want to get into shape without spending an hour a day exercising.
Whether you’re a fan of her workouts or not, you will love the results this Jillian Michaels DVD can deliver.
After trying all of the workouts, I have no hesitation in recommending Jillian Michaels Killer Body DVD if you are looking for an inexpensive means of getting fitter and stronger, improving your body shape, and reducing your body’s fat level.