In this Nautilus E614 Elliptical review, we will look at everything you need to know to help you decide whether or not it will suit your needs.
If you lead a busy life, it can be challenging to find the time to go to the gym. This is where home fitness equipment is invaluable if you choose wisely.
Without the guidance of a personal trainer, it’s essential that the machine you buy is easy to use and simple to operate. It should also be enjoyable to use. If it isn’t, you will struggle to stick to a regular fitness routine.
If you’ve decided on an elliptical, I highly recommend the Nautilus E614. I’ve been using an older version of this particular model for several years, and it hasn’t let me down.
Manufactured by a company with a proven track record for delivering high quality, reliable, and durable fitness equipment, this model’s most recent incarnation is even more popular with and well-regarded by purchasers than its two predecessors. One of the best mid-priced fitness aids of its type, it will give you a low-impact workout with high-impact results.
Comfortable, quiet, and easy to use, it comes with adjustable incline and a range of programs and features that will enable you to tone your muscles, improve your health and fitness, and lose weight.
Next, we will look at why an elliptical trainer can be a good exercise option for those who are still on the fence.
Why Buy an Elliptical Trainer?
These days, the elliptical trainer is a standard fixture in many home gyms. An immobile exercise machine, the elliptical can simulate walking, running, and stair climbing, without causing heavy pressure on the joints. Unlike some fitness equipment, ellipticals have movable arms that enable you to exercise your upper body as well as your lower body.
Some people shun ellipticals because they’ve heard that they’re ineffective and tedious to use. The truth of the matter is that an elliptical trainer can be as effective as any other piece of fitness equipment if you use it regularly and correctly.
As for boring, nothing could be further from the truth. If you spend a bit more to get an elliptical with features such as those offered by the E614, you will look forward to your workout rather than try to avoid it. And enjoying your workout is half the battle won!
In the next part of this Nautilus E614 Elliptical review, we will look at its specs, followed by a detailed overview of its main features. I will also include a checklist of its key features, pros, and cons, for quick reference.
Whom will the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Suit?
People of any fitness level looking for an elliptical that is reliable, easy to use, and not too pricey, should be happy with the Nautilus E614. While it lacks a few features of more expensive models, this is reflected in its price. It has more than enough functions and programs to cater to most people’s needs, but not enough to be confusing.
Being so quiet, the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer would also be a good buy for apartment dwellers or anyone sharing a house with other people they don’t want to bother with noisy equipment.
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Specs
Dimensions – The Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer measure 63.2″ (H) x 26.7″ (W) x 71.5″ (L)
Ceiling height requirement – To use the machine, it will need to be housed in a room with a ceiling height of between 7′ and 8′, depending on how tall you are
Weight – The Nautilus E614 weighs 167.3lbs
User height – This elliptical can be used by people who are very short, very tall, and everyone in between
User weight – The maximum user weight for this model is 300 pounds
Color – It is available in gray only
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Overview
The Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer boasts some excellent features including a few normally only found in high-end equipment that costs an arm and a leg.
The first thing you will notice is how great the machine looks in your workout space. Then, when you hop on for your first workout, you will be impressed with its performance.
The machine’s perimeter weighted flywheel provides smooth, quiet sessions, no matter how hard or how fast you go.
Another thing you will love about the Nautilus E614 Elliptical is how stable it is. This is due to its two middle frame supports and oversized crossbar tubing.
Two rubber levelers also add to the stability, allowing you to balance the machine if your floors are slightly uneven. The levelers will also help to prevent the floor beneath the machine becoming scratched or damaged.
Built-in transport wheels facilitate moving the machine to another location should this be required.
If you’ve previously used a treadmill or an exercise bike, you will appreciate that the elliptical has handles which move, enabling you to get a total body workout. This is a real time saver as you won’t have to do separate exercises for your upper body.
Well-formulated pre-programmed workouts provide variety and enable you to work at your current level of fitness and progress to more challenging sessions over time. The available programs include 1 Quick Start, 9 Profile, 8 Heart Rate, 2 Fitness Test, and 2 Custom.
A goal tracking function allows you to monitor your time, distance, calories burned, and heart rate, with the latter tracked by way of sensors built into the handles. A USB thumb drive enables you to upload your stats via Nautilus Connect to sync with MyFitnessPal for weekly, monthly, and yearly progress tracking. There’s also a USB charging port.
Sealed acoustic chambered speakers provide a bigger sound and better clarity than most elliptical trainers in this price range, making it easy to listen to your favorite music or audiobook as you exercise.
The elliptical comes with a step-by-step fully illustrated manual and assembly tools. The tools aren’t of the best quality, so you may prefer to use your own.
Due to the number of parts and their weight, it’s a good idea to have someone help you rather than assemble it by yourself. Either way, you can expect the assembly to take at least a couple of hours. If you have assembled machinery in the past, you may be able to do it in less time.
The Nautilus E614 is easy to maintain. The only requirement is that the rails are wiped down and oiled periodically. The latter is best done with a silicone-based lubricant. The oil will also prevent the machine from squeaking.
The warranty for the Nautilus E614 Elliptical is reasonable. It covers 10 years for the frame, 2 years for parts, 1 year for the electronics, and 90 days for labor.
Obviously, a longer warranty would be preferable. However, with Nautilus being a reliable brand renowned for quality products, it’s unlikely that you will encounter any problems. And, there’s always the option of getting an extended warranty at a minimal cost.
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Infomercial
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer Key Features
Key features of the Nautilus E614 include:
- A high speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel ensures quiet, smooth workouts
- 22 workout programs focus on several different fitness aspects
- 20 levels of eddy current resistance provide a wide range of workout intensity options
- The E614 has Contact Heart Rate Monitoring
- Backward pedaling ability enables different muscles to be targeted
- A water bottle holder offers convenient access to a hydrating drink
- The media tray is large enough to hold a magazine or to prop up your iPad and watch videos during your workouts
- Acoustic chambered speakers provide above an average depth of sound and clarity
- Movable handlebars enable a total-body workout
- 2 User Profile settings let you store your details and results and those of your partner or a friend
- 6 position ramp incline options allow you to increase the challenge further as your fitness improves, and mix things up for more efficient sessions
- Rubber levelers will help to protect your floor from damage
- Transport wheels in the base enable the machine to be moved quite easily
Next, in this Nautilus E614 review, we will look at its pros, then its cons.
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Pros
Next, we will look at the pros of the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer.
– Delivers a comfortable, quiet, smooth, and stable ride
– Purchasers from 5′ to 6′ 4″ tall have left positive feedback for this model
– The machine is strong and durable
– It has a diverse range of workout programs
– Workouts target the upper and lower body simultaneously
– The trainer’s articulating cushioned pedals ensure minimum workout impact on joints.
– The handles are ergonomically designed for comfort and to take the stress off the joints of the upper body
– The speaker quality is on par with that of some far pricier models
– The Nautilus E614 is great value for money
– There are next to no maintenance requirements
Nautilus E614 Elliptical Cons
The Nautilus E614 Elliptical has a lot in its favor. It does, however, also have a few minor cons that you should be aware of before purchasing.
– Assembly can take a couple of hours or even longer for some people
– The deck’s incline must be manually adjusted, so if you want to change levels mid-workout, you will have to dismount from the machine
– The Nautilus E614 does not have Bluetooth capability
– The maximum user weight of 300lbs is lighter than that of some other models
– The LCD screen isn’t backlit, so it would be difficult to read your stats in a dimly lit room
Final Words on the Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer
The Nautilus E614 will be an ideal choice if you’re looking for a moderately-priced, functional elliptical that is easy to use and gets great results.
Workouts are very smooth and comfortable, and its wide range of workout programs and variable resistance will appeal to just about anyone. The trainer is reliable and durable, and it should give you years of trouble-free service.
I can’t recommend this model highly enough. However, if don’t think it will be right for you, click this link to read reviews of other popular elliptical trainers