The Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System is an affordable fitness aid that will enable you to simultaneously experience the benefits of stationary bike workouts and upper body muscle toning.
A compact upright stationary bike that folds, it has a semi-recumbent seat. It differs from most other exercise bikes in that two attachable resistance bands take the place of handlebars.
Utilizing a bungee cord and pulley system, the bands can be used to tone your arms, shoulders, and upper back as you pedal. Detach the bands, and you can use them in a broad range of traditional strength training moves.
Featuring magnetic resistance, this system dramatically reduces wear and tear on the machine as there is never any direct contact between the flywheel and the brake pad. This lowers the likelihood of having to buy replacement parts.
Keep reading this Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System review to find out its specs, an overview, pros, cons, and more.
What exercises can I do with the bands?
The bands give access to over thirty different exercises. These include Bicep Curls, Tricep Extensions, Lateral Raises, Overhead Presses, Chest Presses and Flyes, Standing Rows, Seated Crunches, Supported Squats, and more.
Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike Specs
Assembled dimensions – 48″ (L) x 29″ (W) x 52″ (H)
Folded dimensions – 24″ (L) x 29″ (W) x 71″ (H)
Weight – This model weighs 42 lbs
User weight – The maximum user weight is 250 pounds
User height – The bike is suitable for people from 5′ through to 5′ 10″
Color – It is available in chartreuse with a gray trim
Who will this model suit?
This model will best suit people who are new to exercise. It is also useful for seniors and people rehabilitating from injury.
Being fairly basic, it will not appeal to those wanting a bike with a lot of high-tech features. The resistance levels offered will not suit advanced cyclists.
If you don’t have a lot of time to exercise, fitness equipment that gives a total body workout, such as the Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System, would be an excellent choice.
The bike’s solid steel frame is robust, and it has a durable anti-corrosive painted finish. Featuring a belt drive system, it operates quietly and smoothly. Front and rear stabilizer bars provide stability.
The bike’s large cushioned seat with backrest is height adjustable. While comfort is subjective, buyers have stated that the seat is very comfortable.
The foot pedals are textured, enabling your feet to stay in place even when peddling hard and fast. Armrests on the sides provide support during workouts that don’t involve the bands.
Using the elastic “wonder arms” while cycling will enable you to tone and strengthen your upper body and burn additional calories.
The angle of the arms adjusts, enabling you to increase or decrease the intensity, vary the exercises you do, and target different muscles. And if you run out of exercises, or if your motivation dwindles, check out the two online on-demand workout videos for inspiration. Led by a personal trainer, it’s the next best thing to having your own coach!
Coming with eight levels of magnetic resistance, you can increase or decrease the intensity of your lower body workout by turning an easy-to-reach tension dial that is located underneath the seat.
A backlit LED monitor shows workout metrics, including the distance traveled, your current riding speed, calories burned, and your workout time. A scan feature enables you to press a button and have the computer scroll through these metrics if desired.
Transport wheels in the base at the front enable the bike to be moved easily. It folds small enough to store in most closets.
Assembling the bike is easy and relatively quick, taking most people between thirty and sixty minutes. The instructions are clear, and you will find the required tools in the box.
The warranty for this model covers 1-year for the frame and 90 days for parts.
In the next part of this Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System review, we will look at its pros, then its cons.
- Along with the cardio benefits and lower body strengthening and toning stationary bike workouts offer, the Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike also provides upper body training. This equates to a more efficient workout that can burn more calories than traditional bike workouts.
- The bands enable you to do over 30 different exercises.
- You will be given free online access to 2 on-demand workout videos led by a personal trainer.
- Being quiet to use, you won’t have to worry that you will bother anyone else in your household. And, you will be able to listen to music, an audiobook, or watch your TV without having to strain your ears.
- The bike will be affordable for most people.
- Users consider the seat to be very comfortable. This is quite a rare thing in a stationary bike and bicycles in general.
- Its seat adjusts backward, forward, up and down to accommodate people of different heights.
- The Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike offers eight levels of magnetic resistance, enabling you to vary your sessions on the fly and increase the challenge as you become fitter. This feature also lets people of different fitness levels use the bike.
- An integrated monitor shows useful workout stats that will enable you to track your fitness gains and set yourself new targets. The monitor automatically starts when you begin to pedal, and it shuts off after a few minutes of inactivity. While the display screen is not backlift, it is easy to read in a well-lit room.
- The bands incorporate soft, padded grips to enhance comfort.
- Textured foot pedals provide a good grip.
- The bike is compact when assembled, and if you are short on space, you can fold it to store. When folded, its dimensions are approximately half of that of its assembled size.
- Transport wheels enable it to be moved easily.
- The Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System is easy to assemble.
- The pedals don’t have safety straps. This has not bothered the overwhelming majority of users, but it is something to keep in mind.
- The Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System does not have a heart rate monitoring feature.
- The display screen is not backlit, so it could be difficult to read in a dimly-lit room.
- This model does not have a water bottle holder or an electronic device shelf.
- At 90-days, the parts warranty is short; however, reading customer reviews of the bike, this has not proven to be an issue.
Final Thoughts on the Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike
The Stamina Wonder Exercise Bike with Upper Body Strength System is a great option for beginner level users with a modest budget and not a lot of time to exercise.
Along with providing the benefits stationary bikes are known for, it will also target the muscles of your upper body, saving your time. Such workouts also burn additional calories.
If this isn’t the fitness aid you’re looking for, click here to read reviews of other popular cardio fitness machines that target the entire body.