If a lack of space and a tight budget have prevented you from getting a home gym, you need to check out the Weider Ultimate Body Works exercise machine.
Manufactured by ICON Health & Fitness, who have been creating award-winning fitness products for over 25 years, this home gym has everything new exercisers need for total body strengthening and muscle toning workouts.
Utilizing body weight, the gym incorporates a sliding adjustable incline bench with pulley and bar attachments. A squat stand expands your workout options further.
This machine can accommodate you by providing access to over 50 exercises that work the back, arms, shoulders, lats, abs, legs, and glutes.
If you’re looking to build a lot of muscle, this model won’t be for you as it will sculpt your muscles, but it won’t add much bulk. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, but not everyone needs these, and it gets the job done.
In this Weider Ultimate Body Works review, we look at the machine’s specs, an overview, its pros, and cons.
Table of Contents
Weider Ultimate Body Works Specs
Dimensions – The Weider Ultimate Body Works exercise machine measures 71″ (L) x 25 1/2″ (W) x 49 1/2″ (H)
Weight – It weighs 72 lbs
User weight limit – This model has a user weight capacity of 250 pounds
Warranty – The gym comes with a 3 months parts and labor warranty
Weider Ultimate Body Works Overview
The Weider Ultimate Body Works Home Gym is among the most budget-friendly fitness aids of its type. Its steel tubing construction and durable accessories also make it among the most robust and resilient in its price range.
The gym’s padded bench is comfortable, and it glides smoothly during use. I can vouch for this, having given my friend Jesse’s Weider Gym a test run.
You can easily adjust the workout resistance level by changing the angle of the bench to suit your strength. There are seven different options available.
The steeper the incline, the tougher the workout, so you will probably want to start with the bench flat if you’re new to exercise.
A cable and pulley system allows unrestricted movement and a broad range of exercises that, along with toning your muscles, will increase your flexibility.
The four resistance bands that come with the machine can be incorporated into workouts to provide an extra 50lbs of resistance.
An advantage of using bands and not weight plates is that they are more gentle. They also enable you to work out without a spotter.
The gym will help you burn fat and calories as it tones your muscles and improves your strength, stamina, and flexibility. Twelve of the exercises you can do are depicted on the packaging box.
If desired, you can fold the gym to store it when you’ve finished your workout.
The next section of this Weider Ultimate Body Works review discusses its pros, followed by its cons.
- It is one of the best value-for-money home gyms on the market
- Sturdy and durable, it should withstand regular use for many years without a problem
- The gym provides smooth movement and excellent stability
- The bench has 7 different incline position options
- Adjustable resistance enables you to increase the intensity of your workouts as you become stronger
- The unit folds to store, making it ideal if you don’t have a lot of free space
- The machine’s unique cable and pulley system expand your exercise options
- Coming partially assembled, completing the job takes less than half an hour
- Unlike gyms that use weight plates, you won’t need to use a spotter with this one.
- The gym’s glide space is a bit short
- Once assembled, you will need a second person to help if you want to move it
- While the device folds, you will need to detach a few parts if you’re going to store it beneath a bed
- This model doesn’t come with an exercise chart, so you will have to buy one or look online if you want to do more than the twelve exercises on the box
- The warranty is short; however, you can extend it with a protection plan that is available for minimal cost
Weider Ultimate Body Works Summary
If you’re looking for an affordable and durable home gym that will enable you to tone your entire body, build lean muscle, and lower your body fat, Weider Ultimate Body Works is worth considering.
It is one of the best value home gyms available. It doesn’t require a lot of space, it folds for storage, and it provides access to a broad range of exercises.
To read reviews of other popular home gyms, click this link.