The XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike Silver is a budget-priced fitness aid that will enable you to burn calories and improve your health and fitness.
An upright folding model that doesn’t take up a lot of space, you can wheel it away after using it, then fold it to store in a closet.
While its features are basic, the bike is robust, reliable, and stylish, and it is comfortable and smooth to use.
It offers variable resistance and an LCD screen that displays workout stats to help you monitor your progress and set new fitness goals.
The bike’s Q-Factor (spacing between the pedals) is quite narrow. As a result, while pedaling, your feet and legs will be in a natural position, so you won’t overly stress your knees and ankles.
Keep reading this XTERRA FB150 review to find out its specs and for an overview outlining its key features, plus its pros and its cons.
We will also look at how it compares to the XTERRA FB350, which, other than a few small differences, is identical to the FB150.
Whom will this model suit?
New and intermediate users looking for an inexpensive model that is solid, compact, and comfortable to use should be happy with the XTERRA FB150 Folding Bike.
The bike is recommended for individuals from 4′ 10″ to 5′ 10″ who weigh 225 pounds or less. Some taller, shorter, and heavier people claim to use it without a problem. However, it’s best to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike Specs
Assembled dimensions – Assembled, this XTERRA Fitness Folding Exercise Bike measures 31.5″ (L) x 18.1″ (W) x 43.3″ (H)
Folded dimensions – Folded, it measures approximately 16.75″ (L) x 18″ (W) x 50.5″ (H)
Clearance requirement – For unrestricted workouts, allow a free space of 24″ or more on either side and 12″ to the front and the rear
Seat – The seat measures approximately 9″ (L) x 12-14″ (W) x 2 1/2″ (H)
Weight – It weighs 32 lbs
Flywheel weight – The flywheel weighs 3.3 lbs
User weight – The maximum user weight for this model is 225 pounds
Color – This model comes in silver with bright blue highlights
Batteries – Two x AA batteries are included for the fitness meter
How do the XTERRA FB150 and the XTERRA FB 350 Compare?
Many aspects of the XTERRA FB150 and the Xterra FB 350 are on par. There are, however, some differences, which we will look at now.
At 40.5″ (L) x 21″ (W) x 50.5″ (H), the XTERRA FB 350 is a little longer and wider than the FB150. Its folded dimensions are also slightly larger at 20.5″ (L) x 21″ (W) x 50.5″ (H). The 350 is also heavier, weighing 43.2 lbs.
The seat designs differ, with the XTERRA FB 350 having a backrest and sidebars, which make it semi-recumbent.
The backrest is quite low, so it doesn’t allow for a great deal of leg thrust, but it does give a degree of added support.
People with balance issues can use the side handles to more confidently access and exit the seat.
The XTERRA Fitness FB 350 Folding Exercise Bike has an easy-to-access phone holder that you can use to store a small electronic device or your TV’s remote control.
The only other difference is the price, with the XTERRA FB 350 being the more expensive of the two, but not by much.
Xterra Fitness FB150 Infomercial
XTERRA Fitness FB150 Overview
The Xterra Fitness FB150 has a belt drive system.
The frame’s painted finish resists rusting and chipping, so the bike will look just as good years down the track as it does the day you buy it.
Stability, Smoothness, & Noise Level –
While light in weight, the bike’s solid steel X-frame design features thick steel tubing that provides excellent stability. Workouts are very smooth and whisper-quiet.
Folding, Unfolding, and Moving the bike –
This model folds to store by removing its center pin. After folding, reinsert the pin, and the bike will stay folded. Remove the pin, unfold the bike, then reinsert the pin when you want to use it.
Transport wheels in the base make it easy to move.
Eight levels of magnetic resistance are accessible at the turn of a dial, allowing you to adjust the intensity of workouts. The first setting is exceptionally light, with each level progressing.
This means you can start easy and increase the challenge as you become fitter. It also provides scope for future growth, and it also allows people of differing abilities to use the bike.
A one-button user-friendly console allows you to track your workout metrics, including your speed, distance, total distance, time, calories burned, and pulse rate on a 2″ x 1″ easy-to-read LCD screen. To activate this feature, press the button.
Your sessions’ stats will appear on the screen automatically when you begin to pedal. You can choose to follow just one metric or use the scan feature to rotate through each, displaying the individual readings for several seconds.
At the end of your sessions, after several minutes of inactivity, the meter will switch off.
The XTERRA FB150 Folding Exercise Bike has a large, ergonomic seat that has thick padding and a resilient vinyl cover.
Many people who have left feedback for the bike have noted that its seat is very comfortable.
Comfort is subjective, though, so what is comfortable for one person may not be for another.
If you need extra cushioning, you can buy a bicycle seat cover. Alternatively, try placing a folded towel on the seat.
Another option is to change the seat to any standard-sized model if you favor a particular type. To do this, just undo three bolts that secure the seat, attach your new seat, then tighten the bolts.
The seat adjusts to seven different heights, catering to shorter and taller people.
The bike’s large padded multi-grip handlebars feature a foam rubber finish that is sweat-resistant. Built-in hand grip pulse sensors enable you to monitor your pulse rate.
Textured pedals with straps prevent slippage, even if you are pedaling fast. Along with forward pedaling, you can also pedal backward to target different muscles. It cannot, however, be used while standing.
The XTERRA Fitness FB150 comes partially assembled, but you will need to finish the job. All that’s required is for you to attach the seat post, the pedals, the bases, and the fitness monitor.
The instructions for this are straightforward, and the process is easy and quick, taking around thirty to forty minutes, tops. An Allen wrench is supplied to facilitate the task.
The bike’s internal components are pre-lubricated, with no further lubrication needed.
The bike’s warranty covers 1-year for the frame and 90 days for parts.
Next, in this XTERRA FB150 review, we will look at its pros, followed by its cons.
- The XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike Silver is very affordable
- The assembled bike is compact, and it folds to store
- It doesn’t require a power outlet
- Workouts are smooth and quiet
- The majority of buyers have stated that the seat is comfortable
- The bike is designed to take pressure off the user’s knees and ankles
- Its seat is height adjustable
- An x-frame design and front and rear stabilizer bars with rubber end caps to protect your floor provide safe and stable workouts
- Variable resistance enables you to increase the challenge of your workouts as you become fitter and allows others in your household to use the bike
- Built-in programs add variety to workouts
- An easy-to-use monitor shows your workout stats to help you track your sessions and set fitness goals
- It comes with a heart rate monitor
- The bike’s slip-resistant handlebars are comfortable to grip
- Its weighted ABS-finish foot pedals have a textured finish to prevent slipping
- Safety straps provide extra safety and security and enable a perfect fit
- A shroud covers the drive and flywheel to stop dust from infiltrating and to prevent young kids and pets from getting their fingers or fur caught.
- Two built-in transport wheels located in the front stabilizer bar make it easy to move the bike
- The assembly process is fast and straightforward. with the needed tool supplied
- The Xterra FB150 folds quickly and easily to store upright
- Locks into a folded position for storage
- Low maintenance, with no lubrication requirement
- The handlebars’ aren’t adjustable
- This model has a hand grip pulse monitor which will give you an indication of your heart rate, but the reading will not be as precise as a chest strap heart rate monitor
- The angle of the display monitor doesn’t adjust, and it doesn’t have a backlight, so the screen may be hard to read in a room with low lighting
- This model does not have levelers, so to prevent unwanted movement, it should be used on a level floor.
- It’s not suitable to use while standing
- It lacks accessories such as a water bottle holder, a fan, speakers, and an aux port
- It isn’t WiFi or Bluetooth compatible
Final Thoughts on the XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Exercise Bike
The XTERRA Fitness FB150 Folding Bike Silver doesn’t have any fancy features. Still, it has everything you need to get a great low to moderate intensity cardio, calorie-burning, muscle toning workout and to experience all of the other benefits this type of workout offers.
The bike is budget-friendly and solid. It has adjustable magnetic tension, a quiet belt drive, a fitness meter to track workout metrics, and a pulse monitoring feature.
If you’re looking for a basic bike that is comfortable and user-friendly, be sure to take a closer look. And while you’re at it, be sure to check out the FB 350.
Not the right bike for you? Click here to read reviews of other popular upright exercise bikes.