If you’re looking for a workout that is as effective as it is enjoyable, then look no further than Zumba Fitness Exhilarate.
Created by Zumba Fitness, it certainly lives up to its name in that it will be one of the most exhilarating workouts you’ll ever do.
High energy and loads of fun, the driving music in Zumba Fitness Exhilarate will get you on your feet, moving and “dancing like nobody’s watching.”
My friend Liz had been doing Zumba for several months, and I’d lost count of the number of times she’d asked me to join her. I’m not exactly the most “out there” person, nor the most coordinated.
To say I was reluctant to take a Zumba class is an understatement. Frankly, the thought of dancing and jumping around with a roomful of strangers whooping, hollering and clapping their hands, filled me with dread.
But I could see the dramatic physical changes regular Zumba workouts had made to Liz’ physique, so I decided to go online and check out some Zumba workout DVDs. One I kept coming back to because of all the positive reviews was Zumba Fitness Exhilarate. I placed my order; it arrived a couple of days later, and I can’t say enough good things about it.
Video Overview of Zumba Fitness Exhilarate
What to Expect from the Zumba Exhilarate Workout
The Zumba Fitness Exhilarate Workout doesn’t feel like a workout. That’s not to say it’s easy. I considered myself to be reasonably fit, and I initially found the cardio component quite challenging. The day after my first run-through, I knew my muscles had had a workout.
Many months have passed, and I still use the DVD in rotation with other forms of exercise, and it is still challenging enough to give me a great workout.
Zumba is customizable to suit an individual’s level of fitness. If you need a break, you can keep moving your hands and feet to the beat, then jump back into the routine after catching your breath. If you want more of a challenge, put more effort into the moves.
Do the Zumba Fitness Exhilarate Workout regularly, and you will quickly improve your muscle tone and lower your body fat.
What does the workout entail?
Zumba Fitness Exhilarate comprises two toning sticks and 7 DVDs. Toning sticks are similar to maracas, but they contain weights. Hold and shake them when doing the routines, and you will tone your muscles faster and burn more calories.
The DVDs are as follows:
• STEP-BY-STEP – an instructional DVD, Step-By-Step demonstrates the basic Zumba dance moves. These include the Salsa, Merengue, Hip-Hop, Reggaeton, Cumbia, Calypso and the Belly Dance. There are 30 rhythms, so there is plenty of variety and boredom will never be an issue.
• ACTIVATE – this 45-minute DVD comprises a workout that includes all of the moves from Step-By-Step.
• RUSH – Rush is an up-tempo 20-minute workout led by trainers Kass and Loretta. High in energy, it is ideal when you want a top-quality workout, but you are short on time.
• EXHILARATE – featuring instructors Beto and Melissa, this 60-minute workout will accelerate your heart rate.
• RIPPED – another 60-minute workout, Ripped’s focus is muscle sculpting. Split into two parts, the first part, hosted by Jani, Melissa, and Beto, incorporates the toning sticks. The second part, fronted by Beto and Marcie, features chair routines.
• MIX – an exotic-flavored DVD with an international feel, Mix incorporates a number of cultures and various locales. Hosted by Beto and Tanya, with guest trainers from around the world also featured, this more advanced session provides quite a challenging workout.
The routines can be viewed from a front and back angle beforehand, making even the most complicated moves easier to follow. Mix also demonstrates the slightly more complicated Samba dance moves.
• FITNESS CONCERT – Fitness Concert is an hour-long workout in the format of a live concert, with Beto and some of the other trainers front and center. Filmed in the presence of thousands of Zumba fans, this contagious workout should have you on your feet within seconds of it starting.
Zumba Weight Loss Benefits
When it comes to burning calories, Zumba is up there with the best workouts. The number of calories burned each session will vary from person to person. Much will depend on the weight of the exerciser, the effort expended and the duration of the workout. On average, you can expect to burn at least 500 to 700 calories an hour.
To lose one pound of body fat you will need to burn 3,500 calories. Do two Zumba sessions a week and you could lose one to two pounds a month without modifying your diet. For faster results, combine your sessions with a sensible eating plan.
Final Thoughts on Zumba Fitness Exhilarate
Zumba Fitness Exhilarate is a fun and energetic workout that will rapidly get you into great shape. The workouts are quite challenging until you become used to the pace. However, they are so enjoyable that time seems to fly.
Some fitness programs are repetitious, and it seems to take forever before you start noticing physical changes for the better. That is not the case with this one. The sessions are varied, and the results come quickly, so you won’t be tempted to give up.
With Beto, the creator of Zumba frequently featured throughout; you can be sure all of the trainers know their stuff, which makes this Zumba DVD one of the best and most popular in the marketplace.
If you want to experience the fun and the benefits of Zumba, pick up your copy of Zumba Fitness Exhilarate today and join the party!
Not the right program for you? To read reviews of other popular Zumba workout programs, click this link.