The Vive Pedal Exerciser is a compact, convenient to use, and very affordable portable mini cycle, but does it work? Read this Vive Pedal Exerciser review to find out.
We’re all aware of the health benefits of exercise, but no matter how well-intentioned, sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day.
This is where an under desk cycle can help, enabling you to get a light cardio workout which burns calories, tones your lower and upper body muscles, and improve your circulation, energy, and stamina as you work at your desk. You can also use it while surfing the net on your computer or watching the television.
But not all under desk cycles are created equal. The model we will be discussing here is one of the better offerings of its type. We will look at whom it will best suit, its specs, an overview, and its pros and cons, so you can decide if it will suit your needs.
Who Will the Vive Pedal Exerciser Suit?
Providing low-impact, low-intensity workouts, the Vive Pedal Exerciser is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their health and fitness. It is also useful for gaining strength and movement while rehabilitating from an injury or surgical procedure such as a knee replacement or a shoulder reconstruction.
NB: Check with a medical professional before undertaking exercise following surgery.
Vive Pedal Exerciser Specs
Dimensions – The portable Pedal Exerciser by Vive measures 16.8″ x 12.5″ x 8″
Pedal width – Its pedals are 4″ wide
Weight – It weighs 12 3/4lbs
User weight – This portable mini cycle does not have a maximum user weight limit
Color – It comes in silver with black highlights
Battery – 1 x AAA battery is included for the monitor
How many calories will I burn on the Vive Pedal Exerciser?
Every hour you spend peddling on the Vive Pedal Exerciser at a medium pace will burn approximately 100 calories.
Vive Pedal Exerciser Overview
The Vive Pedal Exerciser is sufficiently compact to use under most desks. It is light enough to move around easily, so you can take it into another room, or lift it onto a desk or table to exercise your arms and upper body. Slip-resistant rubber feet help to hold the unit securely in place and minimize unnecessary movement. The feet are non-marking, so you won’t have to worry about damaging your floor or furniture.
Safety straps will hold your feet securely in place as you pedal. And, when your strength and fitness improve, you can adjust the resistance to increase the challenge.
Lower body muscles targeted during workouts include the calves, hamstrings, quads, and glutes. Upper body muscles you can target include the biceps. triceps, and deltoids.
An easy-to-read and access one-touch LCD screen with one-touch functionality displays useful workout metrics including Time, RPM, Speed, Distance, and Calories Burned. The stats appear automatically as soon as you start to peddle.
Assembling the Vive Pedal Exerciser takes most people around 15 minutes at most. When you purchase, you will receive a screwdriver and a wrench to complete the job, along with easy to follow instructions. Basically, al that will be required is for you to attach the feet and the pedals.
This portable mini cycle comes with a 12-month warranty.
Next, in this Vive Pedal Exerciser review, we will look at its pros, then its cons.
Vive Pedal Exerciser
Vive Pedal Exerciser Pros
- This portable pedal exerciser by Vive suits people of any age and fitness level.
- The device is compact, light, and portable.
- Non-slip feet and foot safety straps make for stable and safe workouts.
- Smooth and very quiet during operation, you won’t have to worry about disturbing other people in your vicinity.
- It can be used to target your upper and lower body.
- Adjustable resistance will help to keep your muscles challenged as you become stronger and fitter.
- Vive Pedal Exerciser workouts can help you to recover from injury without stressing your joints or muscles.
- Can be peddled backward as well as forwards to target different muscles.
- A display screen shows useful workout stats to help keep you on track.
- This model is quick and straightforward to assemble.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
Vive Pedal Exerciser Cons
- There’s almost no difference between resistance levels.
- Being low to the ground, this model might not suit people with very large feet.
- Some buyers have had issues with the device moving and wobbling. To counteract this, you can use it on an exercise mat, or placed in front of a solid object, such as a wall.
Vive Pedal Exerciser Summary
A portable mini cycle won’t take the place of traditional cardio exercise. However, if you’re a senior, someone with mobility issues or you are just looking for a convenient way to get in some exercise when you can’t make it to the gym, the Vive Pedal Exerciser can help.
If this isn’t the under desk cycle for you, click on this link to read a review of the MagneTrainer.