The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill is a compact budget-friendly treadmill that folds vertically to store. While it is not of commercial quality, its features and functionality are on par with some models that cost considerably more.
A G-Force 2 Motor makes it suited to not just walking and jogging, but also light running sessions. The latter is almost unheard of in treadmills in this price range.
The treadmill’s deck offers gentle, low-impact sessions with minimal joint stress and therefore, a lower risk of injury.
It has a wide range of built-in workout programs, heart rate tracking, variable speed, and adjustable incline. These features enable the user to set fitness goals and view their metrics and progress on the digital display monitor.
Add to this, an above-average maximum user weight limit, and it’s easy to see why many customers consider this model to be good value for money.
Keep reading this Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 review, to find out its specs, an overview, its pros, and its cons, to help you decide if it is right for you.
NB: This model is no longer available on Amazon. To read reviews of alternatives, click this link.
Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill Specs
Assembled dimensions – Assembled, the Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 measures 73″ (L) x 36″ (W) x 56″ (H)
Folded dimensions – Folded, the treadmill measures 34″ (L) x 36″ (W) x 65″ (H)
Tread belt (running surface) dimensions – The tread belt measures 55″ (L) x 20″ (W)
Space requirement – For unrestricted workouts the treadmill should be used in a space that is approximately 108″ long and 60″ wide
Weight – The treadmill weighs 203 lbs
User weight – The maximum user weight for this model is 300 pounds
Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Overview
The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill (model number GGTL59613.0) is a mid-priced fitness aid that has everything most people need to get a great workout.
A solid steel framework ensures stability. Non-adjustable stabilizer bars in the front base and adjustable feet to the rear provide additional stability. These are rubber-coated so as not to damage your floors.
Its finish is anti-corrosive and scratch-resistant, so it will look in as-new condition for a very long time.
A G-Force 2 Commercial motor provides smooth and quiet workouts. This is comparable to 2.6HP, which makes it suitable for vigorous walking and jogging workout, and leisurely running sessions, without fear of the motor overheating.
The treadmill’s deck features a cushioning system designed to minimize stress on the knees, hips, and ankles. This allows for lengthier workouts. It also means that people with painful joints may be able to use it comfortably. A 1-ply industrial quality running belt resists wear.
The Gold’s Gym Trainer Folding Treadmill has 18 pre-programmed workouts. These are Calorie, Intensity, Speed, and Incline focused. All feature automatic speed and incline adjustments.
For manual workouts, your desired speed – up to 10 mph – can be implemented by pressing the relevant button numbered 1 to 10. Alternatively, you can use the Quick Select Speed Control Button to adjust the speed in .10 mph increments. The deck inclines from flat up to 10% in 1% increments by pressing the QuickSelect Incline Control Button.
A blue backlit LED monitor shows workout metrics including current incline, elapsed time and distance covered, current speed, calories burned, and heart rate. The latter is available by gripping the HR sensors built into the handgrips.
Accessories include an MP3 and iPod compatible sound system with integrated speakers, a 2-speed CoolAire fan, a tablet holder, and two water bottle holders.
Transport wheels in the front base of the Gold’s Gym Trainer Folding Treadmill enable easy relocation when required.
Assembly is easy and takes about one hour. The instructions are clear and, other than a Phillips screwdriver, the other required tools are included.
This model comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame, 25 years for the motor, and 1-year for parts and labor.
Next, in this Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 review, we will look at its pros, then its cons.
Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Video
- The Gold’s Gym Trainer has a space-saving design – it folds vertically for more compact storage
- The treadmill is moderately priced
- It has a higher than average user weight for an entry-level treadmill
- Workouts are quiet with a smooth motion
- A 2-cell Airstride Cushioning System absorbs impact so that less stress is placed on the joints
- Featuring adjustable incline, this allows you to increase the challenge as your fitness improves
- Your speed can be increased by 0.1mph up to 10mph
- Has conveniently located one press incline and speed selection buttons
- An ample range of programs lets you target different fitness goals
- An easy-to-read blue backlit LED screen shows workout stats – (see above) – so that you can set fitness goals and monitor your progress
- Dual Power Plus hand-grip sensors enable heart rate monitoring
- The onboard accessories are useful and make for more pleasant and comfortable sessions
- It is quick and easy to assemble
- This model folds to store
- Transport wheels make it easy to move the treadmill if this is required
- Comes with a great warranty as outlined above
- Taller individuals may find the length of the running surface restrictive, particularly when running
- The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 is not suitable for very fast running sessions
- It does not have an automatic folding function, so you will have to fold it manually
- Not being telemetry enabled, the treadmill is not compatible with HR chest strap pulse monitoring
- Lacks Bluetooth wireless connectivity
Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill Summary
The Gold’s Gym Trainer 720 Treadmill should suit new and intermediate level runners looking for a treadmill they can use for walking, jogging, and light running. Its cushioned deck reduces muscle and joint stress, so you will be able to do longer sessions and recover faster.
It has a decent user weight limit, it folds to store, and it has more than enough features and accessories to suit most potential buyers. While it does have some cons, for people who are not extremely tall, these are relatively minor. Its long warranty and excellent customer service make this model a worthwhile option to consider.
Amazon no longer stocks this treadmill. Click here to read reviews of alternatives.